You are wondering how to choose a letting agent for your property ? This article will help you make the right questions before you sign any contract with an agent or an agency.
Choosing the most capable and successful letting agent is a matter of vital importance especially if you are a new or less experienced landlord and you think your rental property as a long term investment.
The right letting agent for you is the person that you can trust to manage everything that has to do with your property effectively and successfully. But how you can find the right letting agent for you?
- Prefer to use an agent that belongs to the National Approved Lettings Scheme (NALS) or the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA).
- Understand the actual service you will be getting. If you are a new or less experienced landlord it is preferable to find a letting agent who can take full management of your rental property.
- Ask your letting agent about his advertising plan concerning your property.
- A professional letting agency will handle all the paperwork involved in a letting, that means that they have to take references from the new tenants. They will have to draw up the tenancy agreement and gather the required gas and electrical safety certificates as well as the Energy Performance Certificate.
- Your letting agent must always provide you with evidence, such as a copy of the inventory and a report following a periodic visit.
- A reputable and professional letting agency belongs to a Client Money Protection scheme and holds all landlord and tenant money in a client account separate from the letting agent’s general bank account.
The best letting agent is the one that looks after the tenant as well as the landlord that is a sign of a good and trustworthy character.
Finally, you have to keep in mind that when you are looking for a letting agent is important to focus on the services they offer rather than the price they charge.